By Anita Stewart
What would happen if people switched their skin color for a week? In most cases they would find out how differently they would be treated.
- Mike Brown was murdered over cigars
- Eric Garner was murdered over cigarettes
- Vonderrit Myers was holding a ham sandwich
- Trayvon Martin was shot in cold blood holding Skittles and soda
Those are just a few of the many names on a very long list
In each of these cases and others, the “black man” or boy — the real victim, has been made into the perpetrator by corporate media and law enforcement.
Every 28 hours a black man or boy is killed by vigilantes or police. A black man’s chances of being shot by the police are much higher than a white man’s. And stop with the black on black straw man argument. Whites kill whites and blacks kill blacks. The stats are almost the same for both races and even our murders are segregated. Corporate media needs to be taken to task and do their research and their jobs. Corporate media need to stop spouting inane comments that become ingrained in people’s’ psyches by being repeated over and over again even though they hold little truth, i.e. “doublespeak” like that in George Orwell’s “1984.”
The Stupid And Unfounded Arguments
- Mike Brown was a thug and a strong armed thief who did not have his hands in the air even though 16 of the Grand Jury witnesses said he did.
- Eric Garner died because he was obese; this said by Congressman Peter King on TV.
- Vonderrit Myers was running, then he wasn’t running, then he was fired on by cops, then he hid in the bushes, then he was hiding in the bushes with two others, then he was alone and grabbed his waistband … and so, the cop shot him. This story kept changing with a life of it’s own for convenience, but where was the truth? Even this writer’s research through Google Earth revealed that there were no bushes at the scene.
- Trayvon was going to make a drug OR enhance a drug with his Skittles and soda according to FOX news.
Per the corporate media, law enforcement and our country’s so-called, “leaders,” these guys died because it was their own fault.
Repairing The Rift With Change
To citizens who refuse to acknowledge there is a racial divide problem, YOU are a part of the problem!
CTR stands up to you in a demand to educate yourselves, change your attitudes, turn off the idiot lie-box and think for yourselves. CTR also holds corporate media, law enforcement and elected leaders responsible for no longer protecting and serving our communities with integrity. These people do not work for “The People;” instead they work for corporations and are beholden to their funders, supporters, lobbyists and advertisers.
The sleeping giant has been awakened as witnessed in streets across the country. A real uprising has begun and the genie is not going to go back into the bottle this time.
Spike Lee said,
“All of you should be standing on the side of truth.”
Are you ready to cross that blurred-line?
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!