It’s a double-hitter!
First of all, D.C. Lawmakers have blocked recreational marijuana in the nation’s capital. In November, voters overwhelmingly passed Initiative 71 [by a margin of more than 2 to 1] making recreational marijuana legal in our nation’s capital however; Congress has now stuck a pipe in it and no one gets to smoke it. In a bold move Senate Democrats and House Republicans effectively suspended cannabis legalization indefinitely as part of a government funding deal.
What good is voting if votes are routinely rigged, disenfranchised or ignored?
Secondly, and just as sneaky, there is a bill floating around. The Marijuana Tax Equity Act (H.R. 501) is a current bill that would end the federal prohibition on marijuana. The bill would also impose a whopping 50% excise tax on cannabis sales as well as demand an annual occupational tax on marijuana industry workers.
That doesn’t sound much like an end to pot prohibition.
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!
Please also read other important articles published by Cheri Roberts.
- Former Police Chief Indicted for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Domestic Terrorist Attacks “Furries” in Chicago
- ANONYMOUS Hacks Klu Klux Klan Twitter Over Ferguson Threats
- Anonymous Posts KKK Member Names-Numbers-Addresses Over Ferguson Violence
- An Epic Obama Romance?
- What Happens to Pot Prisoners Now That it’s Legal?
- Largest Superpower On The Planet Is Collapsing Right Now
- Alleged 9/11 Hijacker’s DNA & FBI Evidence Handling
- Notices Sent To Washington DC Officials By Operation American Freedom
- They’re At The Gates: ISIS Attacks U.S. Embassy In Baghdad [VIDEO]