Why would a mapmaker and publishing company omit an entire country from a map? Because they have been paid to do so. Harper Collins is one of the largest and most respected publishing houses in the world and they are participating in propaganda for profit servicing Gulf area clients by creating atlases with nary a sign of Israel’s existence.
These atlases are used in many Middle Eastern schools educating entire generations to believe there is no Israel. Should mapmakers and their publishers bear a responsibility to accuracy?
To read more about this see: Israel Taken Off the Map
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!
Please also read other articles published by Challenging the Rhetoric writers:
- Music as a Weapon of Torture
- Israel Taken Off The Map
- 15 Kids Die of H3N2 Flu
- Squeezing Russia Into Another Cold War
- Former KKK Grand Wizard Threatens House Republicans and Democrats
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: James Mitchell the Torture Architect
- Dick Cheney Says He’ s ‘OK’ with Killing Innocents
- How Corporations Take Over Small Communities
- Countless US Torture Photos May Soon Be Released
- What Happens to Pot Prisoners Now That it’s Legal?
- Band Bills US Military $666,000 for Torture Music
- The Death in Custody Reporting Act