Recent headlines, although far too few, tell the story of a fearless father and his 2-year-old daughter who suffers from stage 4 neuroblastoma. This young Australian man is trying desperately to save his little girl’s life so, in addition to the medical treatments being provided, he added medicinal cannabis oil to her therapy. After which, according to Adam Koessler, his daughter, Rumer Rose experienced a remarkable reaction to the new treatment,
“The results were amazing. What we saw when Rumer was given the medical cannabis oil what nothing short of miraculous. Her cancer ridden little body was alive again — Rumer had almost instant quality of life…Her skin color came back, her eyes were sparkling again…We were certain after seeing these results that her recovery was entirely possible.”
Hero Or Criminal?
This father, for doing something that sounds more loving miracle than heinous crime, was arrested and charged with supplying ‘dangerous drugs’ to a minor under 16-years of age [his 2-year-old daughter] and drug possession at Lady Cliento Children’s Hospital on January 2nd. he was subsequently barred from seeing his ailing child as part of his bail agreement.
Isn’t keeping a parent from their dying child the real crime here?
It wasn’t until today — at the time of this writing, Koessler was finally allowed to visit his daughter in her hospital room since his arrest. Nineteen days in which anything could have happened with Rumer’s health … nineteen days Koessler and Rumer can never get back … nineteen days gone when every minute of every day matters so much for this family.
Ignorance, Arrogance And The Laws That Harm
There are countless studies; in labs and in life, that have proven marijuana’s positive effects on many diseases, including cancer; including in children. That’s not really what is in question here which is where the problem lies. Cannabis cures using medical marijuana products containing CBD’s is legal in several places around the world. Arguments against medical marijuana are getting fewer and fewer on an international level however, those relaxed attitudes have not made their way into many judicial systems or medical communities as is the case with Australia’s archaic mechanisms related to weed medicine.
Using medicinal marijuana products on children is still quite controversial however reams of peer-reviewed, scientific documentation on the safety and effectiveness of cannabis is readily available. It is understandable what makes the whole idea of readily dosing kids with pot cringe-worthy however, it is equally understandable that a parent would do anything to save their child regardless of any controversy.
Life Or The Law?
How and when did fear of controversy become more important than L-I-F-E?
Here are the two great and tragic ironies to this story …
1) Republican leadership of the U.S. House of Representatives intends to bring a major pro-life bill to the House floor tomorrow for a vote. H.R. 36 — the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, would extend general protection to unborn children nationwide beginning at 20-weeks fetal age, based on congressional recognition that by this point in development, if not earlier, the unborn child is capable of experiencing pain.
2) Although medical marijuana is currently banned in Australia, Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews says the Victorian Law Reform Commission would submit a report by the end of August and a bill introduced to legalize medical marijuana by the end of this year.
Neither of these ironies offer hope to Koessler and Rumer or other families in similar life or death situations.
Enough Is Enough
Where are the laws protecting born and living children from greedy corporations and corrupt politicians? Where are the laws that allow a parent to ease their child’s suffering? So much time, effort, money and emotion is spent on unborn fetuses that we have forgotten to properly care for the living.
The time has come to let go of the false beliefs and inaccurate opinions about cannabis that we have been indoctrinated into according to a very real proven agenda and its accompanying propaganda and start believing in legitimate cures. Pharmaceutical companies are frantically working on marijuana medicines to flood into the marketplace, including those for children. Most of PhRMA’s offerings are purely synthetic copies of a naturally growing and readily available plant. In order to profit, pharmaceutical giants, lobbyists and Government entities must continue to demonize — and keep illegal, natures medicine while promoting and proffering their adulterated Frankenflower chemicals on the masses and calling it legal medicine.
If you would like to support Adam Koessler and Rumer Rose: GoFundMe account to help with Rumer’s ongoing Natural Cancer Protocol treatment HERE, GoFundMe account for Koessler’s legal case HERE, find the #FearlessFather Facebook page HERE, sign the Change.org petition HERE and connect directly with Koessler HERE.
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!
Please also read other articles published by Challenging the Rhetoric contributors:
- Mass Media and the Age of Pundits
- Are YOU an Extremist?
- Cuba and the United States: The Last Cold War Gets Warmer
- Chris Matthews Says Tea Party “Not Far” From Being White Supremacist Party
- Israel Taken Off The Map
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: James Mitchell the Torture Architect
- Dick Cheney Says He’ s ‘OK’ with Killing Innocents
- How Corporations Take Over Small Communities
- Countless US Torture Photos May Soon Be Released
- What Happens to Pot Prisoners Now That it’s Legal?
- Did the Arizona Highway Patrol Capture a Sasquatch Family on Cam?
- Are Two [Penis] Heads Better Than One?
- A Video Game for Your Vagina: Guess Where the Controller Goes?