Health officials cautioned the public not to host “measles parties” and corporate media reported this news as if measles parties were as epidemic as the disease itself. Fearmongering goes a long way for ratings which goes a long way for garnering advertising dollars. WHY is corporate media ramping up all the vaccine talk?
Do measles parties exist? of course. Parents for centuries have intentionally exposed themselves and their children to common non-life-threatening communicable diseases in order to simply get it over with. My parents did it. I myself did it, but currently there is zero indication anything of the sort is actually happening now. The false and negligent reporting is meant merely to breed fear. Even Snopes agrees with us.
Once again corporate media, shame on you. Maybe you will learn something from last weeks utter disgrace called, Brian Williams.
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!
Please also read other articles published by Challenging the Rhetoric contributors:
- Is the Tea Party a Cult?
- Sex and [National] InSecurity
- Corporate Media Ramps Up Pro-Vaccine Rhetoric
- The Importance of Art in the Struggle for Change
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: NBC Nightly News Anchor Brian Williams and the Bogus Iraq Story
- NOTHING IS BLACK AND WHITE: 50 Shades of Grey Surrounding Death of “Grey State” Filmmaker David Crowley
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Governor Bobby Jindal and ‘No Go Zones’
- AMERICA’S GROWING OCCUPATIONS: Troops Deployed (Again) Throughout the Middle East
- 2014’s Rise of the “Virgin” Killers and Modern Society’s Impact on Molding Humanity PART 1
- What Really Happened Inside the Isla Vista Apartment of ‘Virgin’ Killer Elliot Rodger?