Not that you would know it or even have noticed, but Congress is quietly passed a deal that opens all of the doors to federally legalize medical marijuana across the board. No more can individual States lay claim to fear of the Feds in blocking legalization. It is time for pot prohibition to finally end.
“A somewhat unlikely team of Senators Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-New York), and Cory Booker (D-New Jersey) stood with parents and patients to discuss The CARERS Act: The Compassionate Access, Research Expansion, and Respect States Act.
The major aim of the six-part legislation (S.683) is to reclassify marijuana under the Controlled Substances Act to Schedule II, thereby changing the plant from a federally-criminalized substance to one that has recognized medical uses.”
Uh, yeh, about damn time.
The Federal Govt. has been lying about weed for more than 70-years. A plant that was effectively used, instead of feared, for myriad medical purposes [for ages by the way] was only criminalized and continually marginalized because in doing so local municipalities and major pharmaceuticals got rich.
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!
Please also read other articles published by Challenging the Rhetoric contributors:
- NO MORE EXCUSES AS FEDS BOW OUT: Time For States to Step Up to Medical Marijuana Plate
- Civil War on Capital Hill
- Why Hilary Clinton’s Deleted E-Mail Matters
- Guantanamo in the US
- Is the NSA Spying on Our Children Too?
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Bill O’Reilly Over JFK ” Gun Shot” Fabrication
- The Politics of “Oscar”
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Freelee the “Banana Girl” Over Potassium Health Lies
- A Food Fad Pusher’s Killer Advice
- How They Define Hate Crimes