By Anita Stewart
Dr. Patrick Moore was being questioned about golden rice for a documentary being filmed for Canal+ when the interviewer asked him about Monsanto’s weed killer product, Roundup. The following discussion took place and is on the video linked below. Monsanto claims that Dr. Patrick Moore does not speak for them or represent them in any capacity.
Last week it was established by a working group from the World Health Organization that Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup is indeed a carcinogen.
Video and transcript by SM Gibson and originally published on the ANTIMEDIA.ORG website: CLICK HERE
Dr. Patrick Moore: “You can drink a whole quart of (Roundup) and it won’t hurt you.”
Canal+: “You want to drink some? We have some here.”
Moore: “I’d be happy to, actually…. Uhh…Not.. Not really. But I know it wouldn’t hurt me.”
Canal+: “If you say so, I have some glyphosate, have some.”
Moore: “No. I’m not stupid.”
Canal+: “So, it’s dangerous, right?
Moore: “No, People try to commit suicide with it and fail; fail regularly.”
Canal+: “Tell the truth, it’s dangerous.”
Moore: “It’s not dangerous to humans.”
Canal+: “So, are you ready to drink one glass?”
Moore: “No, I’m not an idiot. Interview me about golden rice, that’s what I’m talking about.”
Canal+: “We did.”
Dr. Moore then calls the host a “complete jerk” and walks out of the shot.
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!
Please also read other articles published by Challenging the Rhetoric contributors:
- Personalized Googlebots Can “Revive” the Dead
- Did E.T. Phone Home?
- Stalking is Against the Law; Except When Governments and Corporations Do It
- Monsanto Continues to Strong-Arm Truth About Roundup Herbicide and Glyphosate
- BREAKING: WikiLeaks Releases Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Working Document
- Israel and the USA: a Co-Dependent Love Affair
- Passing of Bipartisan Bill Would Mean Bye Bye Patriot Act
- Executive Order 12333 Open for Public Comment
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Monsanto Over Cancer and Self-Proclaimed, ‘Hubris’
- Federal Judge Orders Trove of Detainee Torture Photos Released