We all heard NBC Nightly news’ anchor Brian Williams tell his now infamous Iraq War story, that turned our to be a big fat lie. We also heard him apologize and give a ridiculous statement, almost joking about it, saying,
“Did something happen to [my] head? Maybe I had a brain tumor, or something in my head?”
What we have not yet heard, is Mr. Williams admit he actually lied.
What is it going to take against such overwhelming corroboration that his story is intentionally false both misrepresenting himself and the war?
According to a report in Vanity Fair, NBC News president, Deborah Turness, was frustrated over Williams’ avoidance of the truth. The story is quite scathing about the news anchor with the sad little boy face who used typical tactics to win the country’s viewers over.
Shame on you, Brian Williams. You are the Liar of the Week.
You lied. Now, say the words.
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share it with others; follow our website, Facebook page and/or follow us @CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @6pm PST/9pm EST. Thank you!
Please also read other articles published by Challenging the Rhetoric contributors:
- 10 Tactics Corporate Media Talking Heads Use to Woo and Win You Over
- Why Some “Feminists” Won’t be Voting Hillary 2016
- What is the Truth About Bowe Bergdahl?
- THE DISAPPEARED: Do These Body Counts Equal Genocide?
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Dr. Patrick Moore, Lobbyist (or maybe not) for Monsanto
- Personalized Googlebots Can “Revive” the Dead
- Did E.T. Phone Home?
- Stalking is Against the Law; Except When Governments and Corporations Do It
- Monsanto Continues to Strong-Arm Truth About Roundup Herbicide and Glyphosate
- BREAKING: WikiLeaks Releases Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Working Document