We are another step closer to initiating the human/synthetic matrix. Technology inserted; injected; implanted; and now able to “swim” in our bodies, takes us closer and closer to what we see in AMC’s new television series, Humans.
But, is all this not-so-human tech, good for humanity?
Here’s the latest …
The University of California, San Diego, has developed nano-bot “Micro” fish. Smaller than a human hair, these high-tech fishies to swim in your bloodstream. The research, was led by Professors Shaochen Chen (3D printing technology expert) and Joseph Wang (microbot expert) of the NanoEngineering Department at the UC San Diego was published in the Aug. 12, 2015 issue of the journal Advanced Materials.
“We have developed an entirely new method to engineer nature-inspired microscopic swimmers that have complex geometric structures and are smaller than the width of a human hair. With this method, we can easily integrate different functions inside these tiny robotic swimmers for a broad spectrum of applications.” ~ Wei Zhu, a nanoengineering Ph.D. student at UC San Diego.
Microscale continuous optical printing, is the custom high-resolution 3-D printing CAD program that was used by the Nanoengineers in the microfish creation. They are said to,
” … swim around efficiently in liquids, are chemically powered by hydrogen peroxide and magnetically controlled.”
And, as demonstrated in the image above, the UC San Diego publication notes,
“When the PDA nanoparticles bind with toxin molecules, they become fluorescent and emit red-colored light. The team was able to monitor the detoxification ability of the microfish by the intensity of their red glow.”
SEE Full paper:
“3D-Printed Artificial Microfish” by Wei Zhu, Jinxing Li, Yew J. Leong, Isaac Rozen, Xin Qu, Renfeng Dong, Zhiguang Wu, Wei Gao, Peter H. Chung, Joseph Wang, and Shaochen Chen, all of the Department of NanoEngineering at the UC San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering. This paper was featured as a cover on the Aug. 12, 2015 issue of the journal Advanced Materials.
- PODCAST UPDATE: Let’s Try This Again – LIVE Show Tonight @ 6pm PDT/9pm EDT
- Diet Starts With Die for a Reason and It’s Not Healthy
- Did 9/11 Claim Another Life? RIP Marcy Borders
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Subway’s Jared Fogle the Pedophile
- LIVE Podcast Tonight Wednesday August 26 2015
- The Humble Remains of a Crumbling Humanity
- No Flags Period Says Tennessee School District
- HARRIS CORPORATION: Maker of Stingray Spy Tech Awarded More than $430-Million in Government Contracts in August
- Stingray Use by Law Enforcement More Prevalent than Previously Thought