By CHERI ROBERTS for Challenging the Rhetoric
Every 39-minutes a new pornographic video is created in the United States. In less time than it took to read this sentence approximately $3,075.64 was spent on pornography. There are more than 4.2 million pornographic websites servicing upwards of 68 million online porn searches per day — including 116,000 daily requests for child pornography, and 1.5 billion monthly downloads of porn.
If you want to get an idea of how porn sites actually make their money since most are technically “free” sites, here is a quick breakdown of how it works, but talk about perspective. Numbers like that don’t lie and those are only the dollars rolling in for porn. We haven’t started adding in the figures for sex toys like real to life silicone sex dolls, teledildonics, virtual porn, AI, VR, wifi enabled toys, fuck-machines and a plethora of other gadgets and gizmos I couldn’t possibly list all of if I tried.
Point is, 42% of internet users view pornography and up to 30% of the population including 44% of women admit to using a sex toy at least once. Because of the private nature of sex, disclosure in surveys may or may not be accurate for myriad reasons.
Sex is for sale everywhere we turn and no more so than on the internet. It is a leading commodity across the globe and cyber-sales of sex related offerings are astronomical. For trivia’s sake, these 10 states buy more sex toys per capita than the rest of the country. Toys alone are a multi-billion endeavor.
Almost anything you want [or need] to help get your rocks off can be found for a price online. And, those shadowy companies doing the selling rake in your personal data right along with your dough. What people won’t do for a hands-free orgasm!
Let’s talk about these numbers and the other more personal costs and tolls this industry is taking on tonight’s #CTR podcast with guest, cyber-crime forensics and pornography expert, Frederick Lane who actually wrote the book, Obscene Profits: The Entrepreneurs of Pornography in the Cyber Age.
<http://percolate.blogtalkradio.com/OffsitePlayer?hostId=903309&episodeId=8343939” target=”_blank”>CLICK TO LISTEN TO THE MARCH 2 PODCAST>
Listen LIVE @ 6pPDT/9pEDT or hit up the archive after
If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share with others; follow the website, Facebook page and/or@CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @ 6pmPST/9pmEST or pick ONE OUT from the archives. Thank you!
- Is there a Sex Doll with Your Face on it? (NSFW or children)
- TONIGHT: First, Second and Fourteenth Amendments at Play in Oregon Standoff Controversy
- Talk Show Host Pete Santilli’s Pending Trial: Journalism, Activism, Crazyism and the First Amendment
- Deb Jordan Says YOUR Free Speech is Being Used to Convict Pete Santilli for His Free Speech
- Cliven Bundy Godfather of Patriot Movement Arrested at Portland, Oregon Airport After Intense Night of Live Audio from the Malheur Refuge
- LIVE Streaming Audio of Feds Inside Malheur Refuge Negotiating Final 4
- Are the Malheur Refuge “Final Four” Getting Ready to Surrender?
- David Fry Sneaks New Video Past FBI on Defend Your Base Calling for Violence
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Ammon Bundy for “Peaceful Protest” Lie
- Militia Patriots Rise for the Clash not Cause