Join Cheri Roberts Wednesday, March 16, @ 6pPDT/9pEDT on the Challenging the Rhetoric podcast with special guests, National Security Attorney, Mark Zaid and former CIA Intelligence Officer & internal Whistleblower, Richard Barlow.
Who is Mark S. Zaid?
Mark Zaid is a National Security Attorney. Zaid specializes in litigation and lobbying on matters relating to international transactions, torts and crimes, national security, foreign sovereign and diplomatic immunity, defamation (plaintiff) and the Freedom of Information/Privacy Acts (FOI/PA).
Through his practice Mr. Zaid often represents former/current federal employees, intelligence and military officers, Whistleblowers and others who have grievances or have been wronged by agencies of the United States Government or foreign governments, as well as members of the media. LEARN MORE ABOUT ZAID HERE
Zaid is frequently quoted in the press and sought out as an expert analyst on television news. He is also a regular guest on #CTR.
Who is Richard Barlow?
Working as a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) counter-proliferation intelligence officer in the 1980s, Richard Barlow learned that top U.S. officials were allowing Pakistan to manufacture and possess nuclear weapons, and that the A.Q. Khan nuclear network was violating U.S. laws. He also discovered that top officials were hiding these activities from Congress, since telling the truth would have legally obligated the U.S. government to cut off its overt military aid to Pakistan at a time when covert military aid was being funneled through Pakistan to Afghan jihadists in the war against the Soviets.
In 1989, Mr. Barlow left to work for the Office of the Secretary of Defense under Dick Cheney. By this point the Soviets had withdrawn from Afghanistan, but top officials at the DoD continued to lie about Pakistan’s nuclear program. Mr. Barlow objected. Because he merely suggested that Congress should know the truth, he became the target of one of the most vicious retaliatory smear campaigns in recent history, which ended his career as a government employee, ruined his marriage, and caused irreparable damage to his life. LEARN MORE ABOUT BARLOW HERE
Sharing Classified Information
Is there a potential indictment of former Sec.of State, Hillary Clinton? Should there be? What would happen if she became President and an indictment followed?
Did former CIA Dir. David Patraeus get a free-pass receiving only probation for his crimes?
Is comparing Patraeus and Clinton apples to apples or apples to oranges? He shared classified information with one person directly. Clinton shared more than 60 emails that had classified information and her home server had the potential to be hacked by foreign entities and activist hackers, like Anonymous and Wikileaks.
Are Whistleblowers good or bad for National Security? How messed up is the system for government employees when they want/need to blow the whistle? Is Congress at fault?
How does the current tech-scape and social media change the game?
Wait, There’s More!
Who will be the Liar of the Week? Tune-in to find out!
Please join us in the BTR chatroom or CALL-IN to participate @ (646) 787-1790
This SHOW’s HASHTAGS:
#CTR – #HillaryClinton – #OregonStandoff – #BundyRanch
Thank you! If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share;=. Follow the website, Facebook page and/or@CTRNewsFeed on Twitter. Don’t forget to listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @ 6pmPST/9pmEST or pick ONE OUT from the archives or on YouTube. If you would like to make a PayPal donation in support of the show, it is appreciated.
Checkout these recent articles by Cheri Roberts.
- The Problem with Pete Santilli
- OPINION: Was it a Cold Weather Cover-Up? People on Both Sides Stretching for Answers Why 5 Federal Agents Covered-Up Shots Fired in Oregon Standoff
- 94 Points of Interest in Deschutes County Sheriff Incident Report Detailing Oregon Standoff Operation Resulting in Death of LaVoy Finnicum
- FBI Fuels Conspiracy Cover-Up Flames Over LaVoy Finicum Shooting
- New Evidence in LaVoy Finicum Death Shoots Down Some Patriot Conspiracy Claims While Breathing Life into Others
- Sex for Sale: the Obscene Profits and the Unseen Costs of the Internet Sex Industry
- Is there a Sex Doll with Your Face on it? (NSFW or children)
- TONIGHT: First, Second and Fourteenth Amendments at Play in Oregon Standoff Controversy
- Talk Show Host Pete Santilli’s Pending Trial: Journalism, Activism, Crazyism and the First Amendment
- Deb Jordan Says YOUR Free Speech is Being Used to Convict Pete Santilli for His Free Speech