By CHERI ROBERTS for Challenging the Rhetoric
A Bundy Ranch supporter who snarks on Facebook as “Shiloh Ryder”, drew a little too much attention to herself, blowing her own cover, by initiating a noxious hate-fest in an April 13, Facebook event she created to attack myself, and Challenging the Rhetoric podcast guest, Mark McConnell.
Although I had been blocked from the page she created, when she created it, within minutes my inbox was flooded with screen caps and archive links of what was going on. Mixed in with these, were a few links to another woman, Mollie Dunn Powell, girlfriend of another Bundy Patriot, AP III%’er, Pat Ryder.
It turns out, “Shiloh” and Powell are one and the same.
Although many people use alternative names in social media for various reasons, a quick search of Powell, was all that was necessary to immediately understand hers. Powell’s motivation runs deep, as a Koch infused Florida field director in Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernando counties, on the payroll with Americans for Prosperity (AFP).
The Koch Brothers, are said to be funding the Bundy land grab, making it apparent what fuels Powell’s bottom line.
In a LinkedIn bio summary, Powell says,
“I am fighting on the front lines to preserve liberty and economic freedom in America.”
Further down her business profile, under her current employment listing with AFP, Powell adds,
“I lead teams of grassroots activists who will mobilize as needed for policy battles and political issues on the local, state and national levels. I coordinate and host outreach events, bringing in citizens who are new to the Patriot Movement.”
I didn’t know Facebook events, were the “front lines” in the fight for freedom, especially when the “outreach”comes off as bad as a drunken text in the middle of the night.
Here are a few examples of Powell and her “grassroots activists” in action, out there on the Facebook “front lines”, last Wednesday night after the show.
Powell is also responsible for a Facebook group bashing award-winning, Oregonian reporter, Les Zaitz, for his coverage of the January Oregon Standoff outside of Burns, Oregon and the shooting of rancher, LaVoy Finicum. Due to Powell, Zaitz was subjected to doxxing; the nefarious practice of publishing identifying and personal information, including ones home location and/or that of their families. Most of the post threads include comments threatening lives and or jobs, or alluding to some other harm.
Facebook graciously removed the page about Zaitz after many reported it afoul.
Since the April 13 CTR show and Powell’s Facebook event debacle that backfired, she has taken down several of her Facebook personas and entities, including “Shiloh” and of course, her real profile.
You can get a taste of some of the rhetoric and vitriol she is known for in THIS archive of “Shiloh’s” page before it was removed. Notice, she is ready to drink at 8:39 am? Maybe we should all just say, “Cheers!” to the AFP, and let her drown them all in her sorrows.
Thank you! If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share. Don’t forget to follow the website, Facebook page and/or@CTRNewsFeed on Twitter and of course listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @ 6pmPST/9pmEST. You can also pick one from the archives or on YouTube. If you would like to make a PayPal donationin support of the show, it is appreciated.
Checkout these other recent articles by Cheri Roberts …
- BACKGROUND MOTIVES: Bundy Ranch Supporter, Sarah Redd Buck’s Dark Family History with BLM, FBI, and State Officials
- 6 Best Case Scenarios Ammon Bundy Attorney Mike Arnold Seems to be Banking On
- Letters to David Fry, Oregon Standoff’s “Last Man Out” – #1
- Orange Hat Man, Kenny Rhoades, Claims Santilli Went to Psych Ward and Told Patients they were “Targeted Individuals”
- Was Pete Santilli Everybody’s Perfect Patsy?
- What Evidence Did the Feds Retrieve from Pete Santilli and Deb Jordan’s Enterprise Rental Car?
- Why is ATF Surveilling Phoenix, Arizona Strip Mall Location of United Nation Ammo Company Blocks Away From Home of Bundy Ranch Indictee, Gregory Burleson
- Deschutes County Sheriff Releases Ryan Bundy Cell Phone Video
- Bundy Attorney Uses Embattled Infringement Platform Snip.ly to Drum Up Donors for Bundy Defense
- When Your Source is the Crowd, Does the Crowd You Source Matter?