By CHERI ROBERTS for Challenging the Rhetoric
Buried in the footnotes on page-10 of a newly filed motion by Nevada attorneys for dual defendant Ryan Payne, it is noted there is a 27th co-defendant in the Oregon Standoff case whose name is still under seal. Payne was an admitted tactical leader of the 41-day January armed occupation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge outside of Burns, Oregon.
The footnote reads,
“Mr. Payne’s inability to prepare for trial in this case has not been altered by his decision to enter a guilty plea in the Oregon case on July 19, 2016. There are 27 defendants in the Oregon case, including one whose name has not yet been unsealed.“
Just Tuesday, Payne pleaded guilty in Oregon to conspiring to prevent federal employees from doing their jobs. He was said to be in negotiations with Nevada prosecutors for a plea in which he would receive up to 12-years in prison for his leadership role at the Bundy Ranch 2014 Bunkerville Standoff.
According to the new document, it appears Payne may be having second thoughts about his guilty plea in Oregon as the footnote goes on to say,
“Given the number of defendants in the Oregon case, it is unknown how long it will take to actually resolve the proceedings in Mr. Payne’s case, as it is unclear if the Oregon district court will sentence defendants piecemeal or whether sentencing will only be completed once trial is completed for the remainder of the defendants. Furthermore, should fair and just reasons necessitate his guilty plea be withdrawn and he proceed to trial in Oregon, the prejudice suffered will be compounded.”
Thank you! If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share. Don’t forget to follow the website, Facebook page and/or@CTRNewsFeed on Twitter and of course listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @ 6pmPST/9pmEST. You can also pick one from the archives or on YouTube. If you would like to make a PayPal donation in support of the site and show, it is appreciated.
- Did The Voice of Idaho’s Michael Emry Drive Ammon Bundy’s Van to Steal and Transport Across State Lines the Stolen Browning M2 50 Cal. Machine Gun?
- In Phone Call from Jail David Fry Admits he Suffers From Gender Dysphoria
- Recipe For A Journalist
- Questions and Quiet Surround Unexpected Pre-trial Release of Oregon Standoff Co-defendant Jason Patrick
- OPINION: Why They’re Worth Your Time
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Patriot Princess Sarah Redd Buck Boldly Lies About Inflight Photo
- Gary Hunt and Ryan Payne Look into Background of Bundy Driver Mark McConnell
- Rise of the Modern Cult
- EDITORIAL: If Bipolar is the Answer, What was the Question?
- BACKGROUND MOTIVES: Bundy Militia’s Florida “Liberty Belle” Jaime Spears Aldazabal’s 5.9-Million Dollar Bill with FTC for Robocall Scam