By CHERI ROBERTS for Challenging the Rhetoric
In a recorded statement published online*, standoff militant Blaine Cooper tells whoever is listening that he was forced to lie under Oath and that he stands in “defiance” until the end. Cooper is 1 of 19 individuals indicted in Nevada and 1 of 26 indicted in Oregon for participation in the armed standoffs involving the now notorious Bundy family.
In an attempt to clear the air amid rumors that he, like dually indicted co-defendant Brian ‘Booda’ Cavalier, is a cooperating witness for the prosecution, Cooper says his honor and integrity are worth even more than a life with his children.
“I took a non-cooperative plea, for 6-years. I could’ve walked out the front door, but my honor and integrity mean more to me than a life with my children [sic]. I will now spend the next 41/2-years in prison because I refuse to work with the Federal Government and I refuse to turn on my brothers. Booda aka Brian Cavalier was going to testify against me and two other people, about an alleged felon in possession of firearm at the Bundy ranch which carries 10-years in the District of Nevada; and 5-years for every round that’s in the firearm. I was stuck in a rock and a hard place and this was the only logical solution without having to throw any of my brothers under the bus. Freedom isn’t free. It’s a small price to pay for standing for the Constitution and defending and protecting the Bundys. It’s never an easy choice to make. I’ve done what I could for my country. I stand in defiance ’til the end. And now, I will serve my time with honor and respectably [sic]. There are a lot of people, who if given the same situation, would use every opportunity to go home. As in my case, I could’ve walked right out the front door and I chose to sit here for 6-years instead. I took the same plea as Jerry DeLemus’s. Me and him did see each other at court and we both talked about that we did not want to do this plea. We actually had to actively lie in the courtroom under Oath. With the Judge fully aware that we were lying, admitting to a crime we didn’t commit out of fear of what they could do to us if we did not take the plea. Given that the indictment is superseding, they can add whatever they want to it at any time. And the felon in possession, with the overwhelming evidence they had against me on the alleged possession charge, I had no choice, but to cop to a non-cooperative plea and 6-years … 6-years is a long time. The Judge, if she wants to, could give me 20-years. She does not have to go along with the plea and this was stated in the courtroom. I’m taking a huge gamble with my life right now, but it was the only choice I thought I could make.”
Cooper has a life-long rap sheet with more than 100 previous and unrelated charges against him including those for felony assault.
In addition, there are still questions swirling around his corporation, Third Watch Productions. ‘Patriot’ supporter and Cooper pal, Jaime Spears Aldazabal is the registered agent filed on the corporation.
On September 7, the first round of trials for the 2016 Oregon incident begins, with the second trial scheduled to start in February. The start of the Nevada trial for the 2014 incident is also slated for February.
*CTR has preserved this audio in its entirety.
Thank you! If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share. Don’t forget to follow the website, Facebook page and/or@CTRNewsFeed on Twitter and of course listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @ 6pmPST/9pmEST. You can also pick one from the archives or on YouTube. If you would like to leave a TIP via PayPal all gratuities are appreciated.
- Deb Jordan says Oregon Standoff Co-Defendant Jason Blomgren Will Testify for Prosecution About Explosives at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
- Is a Mental Health Plea Coming for Oregon Standoff Co-Defendant David Fry?
- Deb Jordan Says Unindicted Co-Conspirators in the Oregon Standoff Have Been Identified
- SSG Moe Says Some “Patriots” are Witness Tampering
- LIAR OF THE WEEK: Bundy Family and Supporters for “Bullet” and “Beating” Lies
- Gavin Seim and Assemblywoman Michele Fiore Claim Malheur Takeover Defendant Ryan Bundy Beaten in Jail
- DEAL OR NO DEAL: Internet Broadcaster Pete Santilli Says “No” to 6-Year Plea Deal Says Deb Jordan
- The 15 “Pete Santilli Show” Videos Listed in the Federal Government’s Exhibit List for the Oregon Standoff Trials
- Bundy Occupiers Could Have Made Deadly IEDS Using the Explosive Compound Tannerite and Gasoline or with Pressurized Flash 21 and Gasoline at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
- Oregon Standoff and Bundy Ranch Plea Deals Abound, but What About Those Malheur Explosives?