By CHERI ROBERTS for Challenging the Rhetoric
Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran, Randon Berg, was booked into Arizona’s Maricopa County Jail this evening. Berg was charged with conspiracy and money laundering and is being held on a $10,000.000 bond. He will be arraigned on November 3.
Although it is not yet clear what today’s charges are in relation to, Berg, an Arizona resident, was previously involved with militia members, Parris Frazier, Erik Foster, and Robert Deatherage who were arrested last year for ripping off cocaine at a W. Phoenix warehouse during an FBI sting operation .
The July 22, 2015, sting was the FBI’s third attempt to net Frazier. It was also the only one of those attempts where Berg had not been accompanying Frazier at the time of the sting . The case was reported to involve at least one undercover Federal agent as well as an informant. Some militia insiders have said Berg was that informant, but there has been no official confirmation of such.
Frazier, Foster, and Deatherage were affiliated with militia organization, Arizona Special Operations Group (ASOG).
This is a developing story.
Thank you! If you like this or other Challenging the Rhetoric articles, please share. Don’t forget to follow the website, Facebook page and/or@CTRNewsFeed on Twitter and of course listen to the LIVE show every Weds. @ 6pmPST/9pmEST. You can also pick one from the archives or on YouTube. If you would like to leave a TIP via PayPal all gratuities are appreciated.
- All Seven Co-Defendants in #Oregonstandoff Trial Found “Not Guilty”
- Questions Remain Regarding Oregon Standoff Informants As Jury Deliberates
- Spencer Sunshine on Challenging the Rhetoric talking Oregon’s Patriot Movement, Sovereign Citizens, Militias, and His New Report, ‘Up in Arms’
- Bundy “Patriots” Concocting Conspiracy Theories Slandering Internet Talk Show Host Pete Santilli
- A Pretrial Loss for Oregon Standoff’s Pete Santilli
- BACKGROUND MOTIVES: Bundy “Patriot” Al Hinds Convicted in ’99 for Child Rape
- Oregon Standoff’s Jason Blomgren Tried to Strangle Brother in 2010 and Possessed a Stolen Gun in 2013
- Dually Indicted Armed Standoff Defendant Blaine Cooper Says he Lied Under Oath and “Stands in Defiance ’til the End”
- Deb Jordan says Oregon Standoff Co-Defendant Jason Blomgren Will Testify for Prosecution About Explosives at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
- Is a Mental Health Plea Coming for Oregon Standoff Co-Defendant David Fry?